They had only 1 person attend the first game of their April 28th double-header against the Chicago White Sox. At least, that's what espn.com's records show. See for yourself.
I understand that a Jakubauskas start doesn't inspire a lot of people to head to the ballpark, but come on. You would think more than one person would show up. I mean, at the very least the one guy that went to the game would bring somebody with him.
So, how did this happen? Well, Other caught up with the one man who attended that game, his name is Dale Shit, and the following is the interview conducted with him.
Other: So you attended a game where you were the only person in the stands, how did this happen?
Dale Shit: I just love baseball. It seemed like a great day to catch a game.
O: Is your last name really Shit?
O: Well thanks for your time.
So there you have it folks. The true story of the game with one man in the stands.
He just quit his job, a few months back, as a writer for the WWE. Seriously.
And now there's this:
Damn this guy.
Just saw Terminator last night. Awesome. Although Bale is in full Batman form... doesn't matter. Best one of the season.
Terminator Salvation.... 4.5 Stars
X-Men Origins: Wolverine.... 4 Stars (If Tim Riggins had pulled off the Cajun accent, we'd be looking at a 5 starer)
Star Trek.... 4 Stars
Angels and Demons.... 2 Stars
For more detailed analysis... email me.
What should I see next?
Post suggestions below... or I'm shutting down the blog.
So, as you may or may not know, every team in MLB is wearing red hats, with the logo filled in with stars and stripes, today in honor of Memorial Day. (Note the M's version above) This was done last year for the 4th of July, however, then they used a navy blue hat. It seemed like the navy blue was a bit more neutral and blended easier with many teams' uniforms.
I'm at work right now, and there are a lot of day games springing to life, and as they do I'll be giving you the updates on how each team looks while sporting their patriotic caps.
Here's what we've got so far:
- Cincinnati & St. Louis: Both look pretty good. The Reds are wearing their red jerseys as well to really hammer things home. However, both teams' normal hats are red anyway though, so it's kind of boring.
- Houston, Detroit, & Milwaukee: I lumped these together because they all have pretty tame color schemes, and they all look stupid wearing bright red hats. Here's pictures of each teams' hats: Astros, Tigers, and Brewers
- Boston and Minnesota: These teams are playing each other, and both of them look pretty awesome (Here are the Twins. The Red Sawwwwx, were apparently too good to feature their red hat on mlb.com, they did have this one though). Both wear navy blue hats normally, but the switch to red really works. Plus the Twins are wearing their throwback unis, which really makes them pop. (Foy would be harder than Al Davis at a Compton track-meet)
- Texas: They fit perfectly. In fact, I think they should just wear these at all times. I mean, they have a star and stripes in their state flag, so that would work right?
- Kansas City: They're wearing their alternate powder blue jerseys just to make sure they clash as much as possible. Although, the combination makes for an old school Houston Oilers look, which means I give them a thumbs up. Here's their hat.
- New York Yankees: Finally, the red Yankee hat makes it to the field. Rumors that Fred Durst would start at 2nd proved to be unfounded, and in actuality, they look like shit. Sorry, no link on MLB.com, but I found a different one.
- Toronto: Ok, what the fuck is this? The Blue Jays are wearing a red hat that has a maple leaf filling up their logo. But does Memorial Day even have a meaning in Canada? What are they memorializing? Back bacon? Putting orange juice in their Shirley Temples? Multiple time tag-team champs the Quebecers?
Anyway, that's what I've seen so far. Don't worry, I'll be sure to keep you updated whenever a new game starts up. Also, this is just the beginning of a long day of sports for me. I'll be here at the MLB GameMix until 4pm, at which time I will leave to catch the re-scheduled Monday Night Raw at the Staples Center. After that, I'll be back to DirecTV for the French Open Mix from 1 - 9 in the AM. So, it's going to be a full 24 hours of action, more or less. I'm already starting hour 4, but I'll be sure to post plenty of updates on this thread. Get ready Mustacheers, your dreams are about to come true!
This begs the question, was Youkilis a big fan of the movie and decided to pattern his stance after Keller? I can only assume that this is the case. Either way, I still dislike them both, and now they have something in common that I can direct all of my concentrated hate on.
By the way, I still say Dottie dropped the ball on purpose.
Well Schultz and Bennett fracked all that up too. F those guys. I hope they live miserable unfulfilled lives.
OF COURSE the Thunder moved up in the draft. OF COURSE!!!!
The offer expires at the end of this month.
Mustacheers? Let's give him some help. Maybe he needs some suggestions.
How about (in honor the Lost finale) your 5 Greatest Hits... sports related. We don't want this site getting too sappy.
Any other suggestions?
The story is pretty funny, but the real hilarious part is one of the many comments that reads:
Students expelled, prom postponed......What goes around comes around....AKA Karma.
It was posted by someone claiming to be Earl Hickey.
And here's why:
They are the only contender to the Throne.
What Throne you ask?
Let's just call it the Throne of the most pathetic sports town in America.
If Cleveland wins it's all ours!
Seriously. Before last year both Philly and the Clev layed claim to the Throne, but after the Phillies World Series and the upcoming Cavalier parade... it's just Seattle.
I challenge any Mustacheer to come up with a city that can even touch us on this one. I've thought long and hard about this. There isn't any. But please... make suggestions and I will shoot them down like Ricky Pierce used to bury threes.
So go Cavs!!! At least we can be first in something that way.
I love the mustahceers!
Do we suck though?
The entire point of this "blog" was to make fun ogf the fact that blogs are lame.
But... in the process have we become a real blog, much like real pinochio?
I think Jack is making a real mistake.... but I'll back him. I'm a Jack guy!
I think you give Ruskell enough rope and he won't hang himslef... in fact he'll make a neat little rope chamipionship@!!!!!!
I miss the sonics.
I saw Matt Hasselbeck, and then he zip lines down to the field for the game. He could do it.
While I didn't think that "Other" was the best title up for vote, I can't ignore the results. Thanks for voting everyone, and eff off to the 15 of you who didn't.
Well, without further delay, here's your "Other" filing for this week:
Up until Monday Yuniesky Betancourt had a higher batting average than on-base percentage. I'm sure this comes as a shock to many of you, as it did to me, but feast your eyes, it's the truth. But how can someone get hits more often than he gets on base? That's like having sex with more girls than you meet. (or guys, for the female mustacheers and Foy)
As we all know, Yuni has never been the most patient hitter. In fact, I think I exhibited more patience on rides to the Everett Toys R' Us after not finding a Tatanka figure in Alderwood. (The analogies are really flowing now! Let's see if I can get a few more in) Case in point, Yuni walked for the first time on May 4th, after 90 ABs. For an everyday player to go a month without getting walked is quite a feat. I mean, this guy swings more wildly than a married couple who likes to have sex with multiple partners outside of their marriage. (Uh-oh, I'm fading)
But still, how does the OBP get lower than the AVG.? The only explanation I can come up with is that he's had a couple of sacrifices that count against his OBP but not against his AVG. But c'mon, penalizing a guy for his sacrifices? We're treating this guy like he's Jack Bauer! (And I'm back!)
As of right now, however, Yuni's AVG. has dipped back below his OBP, thus restoring order to the baseball world. An order that we can expect to last, unless a giant star is suspended for taking women's fertility drugs.
The first user I'd like to profile is Jimi:
Jimi's made quite a name for himself here at HCM for consistent bitching, and an overall shitty attitude. But we do appreciate his visit's to the site, cuz unlike most of you... at least he participates. Plus every once in a while he throws a real gem out there.
Let's get to know Jimi a little bit better.
3 fun facts you might not know about Jimi:
1) He's a dirty husky.
2) He dots the first "i" in his name with a heart, and the second one with a smiley face when signing checks.
3) He really looks like this:
So thanks Jimi for all the support and keep up the good work.
That goes for all you Mustacheers. Keep visiting and posting on the site and you might one day be the proud recipient of MUSTACHEER USER PROFILE!!!
1960s - "Pet Sounds" by The Beach Boys
1970s - "Low" by David Bowie
1980s - "Closer" by Joy Division
1990s - "The Downward Spiral" by Nine Inch Nails
"OK Computer' by Radiohead
2000s - "Everything All the Time" by Band of Horses