So, as you may or may not know, every team in MLB is wearing red hats, with the logo filled in with stars and stripes, today in honor of Memorial Day. (Note the M's version above) This was done last year for the 4th of July, however, then they used a navy blue hat. It seemed like the navy blue was a bit more neutral and blended easier with many teams' uniforms.
I'm at work right now, and there are a lot of day games springing to life, and as they do I'll be giving you the updates on how each team looks while sporting their patriotic caps.
Here's what we've got so far:
- Cincinnati & St. Louis: Both look pretty good. The Reds are wearing their red jerseys as well to really hammer things home. However, both teams' normal hats are red anyway though, so it's kind of boring.
- Houston, Detroit, & Milwaukee: I lumped these together because they all have pretty tame color schemes, and they all look stupid wearing bright red hats. Here's pictures of each teams' hats: Astros, Tigers, and Brewers
- Boston and Minnesota: These teams are playing each other, and both of them look pretty awesome (Here are the Twins. The Red Sawwwwx, were apparently too good to feature their red hat on mlb.com, they did have this one though). Both wear navy blue hats normally, but the switch to red really works. Plus the Twins are wearing their throwback unis, which really makes them pop. (Foy would be harder than Al Davis at a Compton track-meet)
- Texas: They fit perfectly. In fact, I think they should just wear these at all times. I mean, they have a star and stripes in their state flag, so that would work right?
- Kansas City: They're wearing their alternate powder blue jerseys just to make sure they clash as much as possible. Although, the combination makes for an old school Houston Oilers look, which means I give them a thumbs up. Here's their hat.
- New York Yankees: Finally, the red Yankee hat makes it to the field. Rumors that Fred Durst would start at 2nd proved to be unfounded, and in actuality, they look like shit. Sorry, no link on MLB.com, but I found a different one.
- Toronto: Ok, what the fuck is this? The Blue Jays are wearing a red hat that has a maple leaf filling up their logo. But does Memorial Day even have a meaning in Canada? What are they memorializing? Back bacon? Putting orange juice in their Shirley Temples? Multiple time tag-team champs the Quebecers?
Anyway, that's what I've seen so far. Don't worry, I'll be sure to keep you updated whenever a new game starts up. Also, this is just the beginning of a long day of sports for me. I'll be here at the MLB GameMix until 4pm, at which time I will leave to catch the re-scheduled Monday Night Raw at the Staples Center. After that, I'll be back to DirecTV for the French Open Mix from 1 - 9 in the AM. So, it's going to be a full 24 hours of action, more or less. I'm already starting hour 4, but I'll be sure to post plenty of updates on this thread. Get ready Mustacheers, your dreams are about to come true!